Small charities and community groups across West Sussex are urged not to miss out on the final round of Community Initiative Funding for the 2017/18 financial year.
The Community Initiative Fund provides grants targeted at supporting communities to deliver local projects in their area.
The scheme aims to encourage residents to be active, connect with each other, develop, learn and give back to the local community. Awards range from £1000 to £5000.
Last year, a total of £371,091 was awarded to good causes across West Sussex.
Debbie Kennard, West Sussex County Council’s Cabinet Member for Stronger, Safer Communities, said: “Many individuals and groups have benefitted in the past from these grants and I would strongly encourage anyone who needs the support to apply.
“We are so proud of the work in our communities and are making it easier for groups to access this support.
“Those interested in applying for grants in the future should come along to their next County Local Committee (CLC) meeting to find out about upcoming changes to the process.”
Grant applications are considered at County Local Committee (CLC) meetings and applications must be received in advance. The following Committees have fund available:
- Chanctonbury CLC’s deadline is 7 February to be considered at the next meeting on 7 March
• North Horsham CLC’s deadline is 24 January to be considered at the next meeting on 19 February
• North Mid Sussex CLC deadline for applications is 26 January and applications will be considered at the next meeting on 1 March
• Central and South Sussex CLC deadline for applications is 26 January and applications will be considered at the next meeting on 20 February
• Eastern Arun Area Committees deadline is 6 February to be considered at the next meeting on 6 March
• South Chichester CLCs deadline is 31 January to be considered at the next meeting on 20 February