The working group set up on behalf of the Parish Council, has been extremely busy over the last few months. A tender document was prepared based on the results of various surveys carried out around the Parish
Key equipment items were identified:
- Double wooden swings – the frame is to be retained however new bearings, chains and rubber seats are to be supplied.
- Kompan Supernova – to be repositioned nearer to the south boundary fence
- Balance beam – to be repositioned between the toddler area and the climbing centre
- A centrepiece that promotes climbing and imagination for the older children
- One armed Wooden basket swing and seat
- Timber multiplay unit such as Hags Juster for the toddler area
- Sunken Trampoline,
- Toddler double swings- wooden with cradle seat
- 4 child springer
- Single rocker
- Wooden stepping stones dotted around toddler area to provide segregation
An all- weather table tennis table and the following outside gym pieces were also added to the tender:
- Dual chest press
- Leg Press
- Cross trainer
Throughout the play area a safe and durable bonded rubber mulch surface will be laid
The tender document was sent out to all suppliers listed on the ESPO framework and 5 suppliers replied.
A marking matrix was used to score the tenders and the successful bidder was informed and accepted.
The plans provided by this supplier will be available to view at an information event details are listed below. If you wish to view these plans they will also be available to view in the parish council office at the usual times.
Such a major project to provide an outside gym for use by all ages and a safe, stimulating environment for the younger members of the community is not without significant cost.
Currently the council has reserves of £13,000, a donation of £1,000 and a grant from Gatcom of £1,500.
The gross cost of this project is £118,326.50 which leaves a balance of £102,826.50
The Council has applied to MSDC and Sport England for grants towards this cost and we are waiting to hear the result of these applications.
The council has also applied to the Secretary of State for permission to take out a low interest loan over 10 years to pay for this balance.
If, in the worst-case scenario, we do not receive any grants the financial increase to a Band D property within the parish precept will be an estimated £14.93 a year.
Please come along to the information events and see for yourselves what a major improvement this project will make to the parish as a whole.
THURSDAY 05th October 7-9 pm Village Hall
SUNDAY 22nd October 10 am – 12 Horsted Club car park (FREIGHTER DAY)