On this page you will find the latest updates on the Neighbourhood Plan project following the pre-submission consultation (under Regulation14) which was undertaken in June and July 2016.
The Council aims to ensure transparency on this process at all times and encourages everyone to read and review these documents and let the Parish Council have your comments and feedback either by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or on paper to the Parish Office, Rear of the Village Hall, The Green, Horsted Keynes RH17 7AP.
Please note that as additional documentation / reports relating to the Neighbourhood Plan are received, they will be published on this page so please revisit regularly.
As a result of the Calls for Land, a number of sites were submitted by landowners and following assessment, in December 2015, some were recommended for inclusion in the Neighbourhood Plan and others were rejected.
However since then, potential developers have presented their plans to the Council for some of these sites (sites both accepted and rejected in December 2015) and their proposals are published below. Please note that the Parish Council has not considered these proposals but they have been shared with the NP Consultant employed by the Council and they are published here purely for information as they fall within the public domain. Additionally, developers have also recently (April 2017) presented plans for a site on Birchgrove Road which was not submitted in either Call for Land for consideration under the Neighbourhood Plan process. Details of the proposals are also shown below for information.
- Land on Birchgrove Road (April 2017)
- Land at Oddynes Farm
- Land west of Church Lane
- Land at Jeffreys Farm
- Dowsett & Mayhew Letter
- Landscape & Visual Impact Appraisal
- Phase 1 Flood Risk Assessment
- Surface Water Drainage Strategy
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal
- Transport Statement & Designer Response to Stage 1 Road Safety Audit
For information – previous Highways meeting notes:
Earlier in 2016, following recommendation by the Mid Sussex Standards Committee, The Parish Council employed Lindsey Frost, an Independent Planning Consultant, to provide a report on the NP process carried out by the PC up to pre-submission stage. His report was presented at an extraordinary meeting of the PC in August 2016 (published with the agenda for that meeting) and is published again below for information:
Following Mr Frost’s recommendation, the PC obtained a quotation from Troy Navigus for completion of the Neighbourhood Plan which was agreed by the PC at its meeting on 13th September and included the following:
- Review of the 111 representations made at Pre-Submission Consultation
- Review of the new site information put forward during Pre-Submission Consultation and existing site allocations included in the draft NP. (To consist of site visits and review/update of sustainability appraisals of each site).
The report expected under item 1 above has not been received but will be addressed at the Extraordinary PC meeting scheduled for 22/11/16.
The report and supporting documents from Troy Navigus requested under item 2 above can be accessed via this link
There is also a considerable amount of other NP information on this website which can be viewed and downloaded electronically.
In addition ALL records relating to production of the draft plan and the process that has been followed are held at the Parish Office and are available for public viewing when the office is open, currently on Wednesday each week between 10.00 am and 12.00 noon. These include:
- presentation material from consultation events
- information gathered at consultation events
- site submissions in response to the calls for land
- site sustainability reviews
- steering group minutes and notes of workgroup meetings
- minutes of Parish Council meetings